It’s that time of the year when the magic of Christmas arrives across WA rooftops, awnings and front lawns! Whether you’re visiting the Synergy Xmas Lights Trail for the first time or you’re an experienced visitor, here are some tips to help you make the most of your experience.
Use our website to plan your Synergy Xmas Lights Trail
Our Synergy Xmas Lights Trail website is your one-stop shop to see some of Perth and WA’s best lights this year. Here’s how it works:
- You can explore all the different decorator profiles and read the inspiration and stories behind them.
- Create a wish-list of houses you want to visit.
- Your wish-list will then be plotted using Google maps with a suggested route to follow.
Start planning your Synergy Xmas Lights Trail right now.
Plan ahead for a safe and fun experience
Before you head out for a magical experience, plan ahead. Here are some things to think about:
- Some areas can get quite busy, especially where a lot of neighbouring houses are all decorated.. You might want to remind your kids about safety (including road safety) and designate a meeting spot or create a plan for if anybody gets lost.
- If you’re visiting the Synergy Xmas Lights Trail with kids, plan ahead and help your kids understand what to expect. For example, while it might be ok to catch the bubbles coming out of a bubble machine in someone’s front yard, a giant fibreglass Frosty is not safe to climb on.
This year, the Synergy Xmas Lights Trail is supporting Ruah Community Services and if you would like, you can make a donation via our website. Some houses on the Xmas Lights Trail are supporting other charities and may welcome donations from visitors, so carry some spare change if you’d like to show your support.
Drive and park safely
It’s very important to drive and park safely and legally while keeping other drivers and road users in mind.
If you’re planning to your phone’s GPS or automated directions, it could be a good idea to put someone who’s not the driver in charge of looking up the Synergy Xmas Lights Trail map while you’re on the road.
When you’re on the road, approach decorated houses slowly, where if it’s safe to do so. There might be kids around or the driver in front of you might decide at the last second to stop for a quick look!
Always park in a safe location and in a legal way. If you get out of your car, remember to lock your car and don’t leave any valuables inside, even for a short time.
Keep up the Christmas spirits
While Christmas can be a magical time of year, it can also sometimes be stressful, particularly when traveling around with young children! To help keep spirits bright, a great idea is to play a fun Christmas playlist while you are travelling around between Christmas light displays. Check out the Spotify playlist our Synergy elves have curated here.
You might also like to share your Christmas spirit in other ways. Across our Xmas Lights Trail, we’re supporting Ruah Community Services– and you can donate through our website if you would like to support this very worthy cause.